ARTIST OF THE WEEK: MELVIN MUSIC

S1 E3 (November 11 - November 17)

Compiled by Hardley Barach Disman

Melvin Music

INTRODUCE YOURSELF . . .

My name is Melvin Kalepa aka Melvin Music. I am a resident of Manja - Central Area, Blantyre. I sing contemporary music.

WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME AN ARTIST?

Understanding the nature of my Father in heaven is what has motivated/inspired me to be an artist. The LORD has always communicated and related with me using sounds; psalms, hymns and spiritual songs --- and this experience has always left me undone and thinking to myself "what if I stand on the gap to take the same sound and deliver it to God's people all around the world". In a nutshell, my relationship with God has inspired me to create, write and release the music I do.

WHAT ELSE DO YOU DO APART FROM MUSIC?

Apart from music, I am into books and journals, and very soon, I will be releasing my very first book which will be released together with my album "LOCKED IN GRACE". In addition to that, I do business and I am also schooling.

WHAT OTHER GENRES ARE YOU COMFORTABLE WITH?

I always take after my own heart ... so if a sound comes to me in any form or style I conquer.

SAVED OR NOT SAVED?

I am a born again Christian and that's the foundation of my everything. I sing my convictions, my encounters and my triumphs in God.

WHEN ARE YOU RELEASING YOUR NEXT PROJECT AND WHAT WILL IT BE CALLED?

By the special grace of God I will be releasing my very first album titled LOCKED IN GRACE which has more than 15 songs and a spiritual book that talks about my journey throughout the project. It's carrying my story, tears, vulnerability and triumph.

Melvin during a performance at FOV Ministries

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS?

I dream of sons and daughters coming home, fathers and mothers coming alive, families being restored, cities being awakened, and the whole world being touched by God in the most redemptive and beautiful way possible. And I know God will do far more than I imagine.

DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN THREE WORDS

Wild, loud and expressive, lover of God's presence .  . .

ANYTHING ELSE?

To the upcoming music minister; set impossible goals for great is your God and start living them. The future is now!!!

Melvin: The future is now!

THANK YOU.

Thank you.



You can follow Melvin Music on:
Facebook: Melvin Music
Instagram: Melvin_Kalepa

Download Melvin Music songs here.



People are also reading: